Sunday, January 13, 2008

One year anniversary


"Our house, is a very very fine house.." the first time I heard that song was in Amsterdam in like 1970-71? at a concert in which that song was the only one sung in English. Little did I know, that one day I would be living and creating in one such fine house. I always loved the song , from the first time I heard it (child of the 70's that I am). I hope I don't sound boastful, but am simply glad and thankful to be in this space. Others also appreciate and recognize the colorful regeneration of our 103 year old house and studio. We have been here a year now and enjoy being a part of our eclectic and vibrant neighborhood. Thanks to all-- and check out this flicker pic to see other spectacular houses in our neighborhood. (thanks Brandon)

5 comments:

jafabrit said...

I keep hearing how wonderful Portland is. Your house is FABU, I LOVE it and enjoyed seeing a photo of it.

ckw said...

thanks jafabrit-
it is an interesting place to live- it is very wet and rainy in the winter-to make it so green all the time-
thanks for visiting -glad you enjoyed-

Mary Bee said...

That is so fun that an entire neighborhood has become a center for color. (I found my way here through the Creative Everyday challenge). I live in Sacramento, CA and we have these same style (age) homes and luckly they are protected legally and cannot be torn down and replaced with square boring apt./office bldgs. Love your house.

Leah said...

oh, what a gorgeous house!! i would love to live in a neighborhood with cool houses like that one!

HannahMade said...

Your house is AWESOME!
I'm moving there in fall and hope to find a house in Hawthorne too!
How wonderful!