Thursday, January 3, 2008

It is all a process


Here is a close up of the memory picture I am working on with my Dad. Sepia photo with pastel and glitter experimentation-probably taken too far (less is more)- -I am learning to combine media and work with what happens and this was an exercise in some frustration for me. At different times I liked what was happening, but then other little accidents became not so happy for me.
So I just let it go in a lot of ways to learning and feeling and trying new things. It's weird because when I get away from it and return to it -I think it will be better - but it really isn't, for me anyway.
My Dad died when he was only fifty years old and I was fifteen. I had a perfect childhood until that day. He and I were two of a kind in our little family-therefore the bunny ears we wear. Entitled "Sometimes I really miss him..." every season within. It is not a sad deal anymore so much , as I am past the age he was when he died, but I still have bittersweet remembrances and wonderings of "what ifs" as our family generations grow and go on-- with his true spirit in all of us. Thanks Dad.

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

ah, the glasses, I see what you mean in regards to how they made me look :) in my austina pic.