Thursday, February 7, 2008

no hearts and no curtains


OK--well there's hearts, but it's not a curtain. I really don't like traditional window coverings and I have two windows on the side of my house that have a delightful view of the easement that goes between my house and the next building--eeuuw.
So I was inspired last weekend by all the artistic bloggers out there who are heart happy. Even though I shy away from the heart sometimes-I tried to hide it (not so subtly) in this cut out.
I used black tag board and overlapped and attached tissue paper. I cut out the design and hole punched at the center top, took some clear fishing line and tied to a skinny expandable curtain rod. I covered the back with clear tissue, so it would look o.k. from both sides.
The one on the top is a variation in experiment- dimensional tissue pieces sandwiched on pipe cleaners and embellished, coated with shiny modge podge and then tied into the cutout in the board.
I quite like it...as it fits perfect in the bottom window and leaves the top window open for light.


4 comments:

Joan said...

I like both of those. The top one particularly appeals to me because of the contrast of the bright colors against the white and then black. I'll have to swing by to look at them some time.

Meanwhile, I saw something about this in the paper - Beer and blogging at the Lucky Lab.
http://www.beerandblog.com/
I'm not sure how confident I'd feel heading off to it on my own, but, if you were interested, maybe some Friday we could go together.

ckw said...

Thanks Joan
I just noticed the top kinda looks like a bird -too- as I was looking at it again-
Beer and blogging could be an interesing combo-we will check it some Friday-you bet!

jafabrit said...

The bottom one is really beautiful, I love why you made it and how it looks.

ckw said...

Thanks for the compliment jafabrit-your hearts inspired it